• During my initial consultation, we discuss how we can solve your organizing problems.
• Handling and processing of incoming and outgoing mail
• Organizing of bills, medical paperwork
• Creating and maintenance of filing systems for paper and electronic based records
• Family memorabilia organizing including textiles, photographs and audio/visual materials
• Family tree and genealogy record organizing
• Conservation recommendations and best practice archival storage for family treasures
• Creation of records inventories find out what records there are and where they are located
• Records appraisal to determine what records should stay and what can be purged and securely shredded
• Creating of file plans and retention schedules
• Advise on scanning and creating electronic records
• Advise on secure document destruction
• Cataloging of archive and memorabilia collections
• Rehouse artifacts with archival materials
• Advise on conservation treatments
My name is Marie O’Toole.
I am a qualified archivist with a passion for organizing. I love to organize papers, electronic files and personal collections into systems that are manageable and easy-to-maintain.
As a professional archivist for over 13 years, I have organized and preserved personal papers, artifacts, photographs and audio and video recordings for major institutions.
In my career working in major press company, public institutions and nonprofits, I’ve learned the skills and techniques to ensure proper preservation and storage to prolong the life of these treasures. I’ve also mastered the keys to keeping spaces functional and efficient, whether that space includes a home business, a busy household or a personal collection.
I started Organize Your Papers because I enjoy the process of helping people put things that are important to them in order. I believe that when your papers are organized, you feel better and other areas of your life begin to fall into place.
If you would like to organize your home office, small business or personal archive collection, I am here to make the process smooth, calm and stress-free. If you are working in an organization that needs a system to provide records management support, creating retention schedules and file plans, scanning and electronic records solutions Organize Your Papers can help.
I am a member of NAPO – the National Association of Professional Organizers.
Thank you for all the scanning work you just did for us. I just want to say a huge THANK YOU for all the work you just completed-- it was a tremendous help and we really appreciate all your time and efforts on behalf of the History Room Committee!
Hope we'll be seeing you again soon, next project is to organize and pack the entire HR collection (no small task!). Thanks so much again, you're the best!Vicki
I have been saving artifacts and family heirlooms for years, but they were strewn all over the house. Marie came over, helped me organize everything by time period, by family, and by catagory. When I am finally ready to pass on my collection, my kids won't have one big mess to take care of.Stephen Weitz
Marie from "Organize Your Papers" is a valuable asset to the Hudson Area Library History Room Archives. She has inventoried, cataloged and digitized our Postcard Collection consisting of 350 postcards dating back to the turn of the 20th century, digitized numerous photographs and City directories as early as 1851, and has inventoried the History Room books made up of well over 500 books. Marie has shown to be extremely organized, highly knowledgeable in her field as well as being a wonderful person to work with. It is such a pleasure to work with someone who is so dedicated and enthusiastic about her profession and our local history collections.Marie Stark
Marie from Organize Your Papers came to our office for a consultation. She designed a plan, laid out a time table and gave us an estimate. She reorganized our entire space in order for us to increase productivity and came in under budget.
Copyright 2016 Organize Your Papers. All rights reserved.